Established in 1844 by Edward Cossal Weaver. Weavers is one of Nottingham’s oldest businesses. Weavers started life as a Public House. In 1897, George Trease bought the business from Mr Weaver who emigrated to South Africa. Under the watchful eye of Bill Trease, George’s grandson, the business continued to trade as a Public House together with a small wholesale wine and spirits business.
In 1959, the Public House was sold and the company became wine merchants in the property remaining at 1 Castle Gate. Alan became the 4th generation of the family to join the business, and with his father, grew the wholesale business.